Trying to find a nursing bra that meets all of my expectations seems, many days, like trying to find a needle in a haystack. That’s why it is a pleasure to get to write a hotmilk nursing bra product review. I was contacted by hotmilk and asked if I would be willing to sample a nursing bra in return for writing an honest review of it’s quality. I was more than happy to sample a nursing bra…though I was rather doubtful it would be anything spectacular. I don’t feel like my expectations are that extravagant; in fact they are quite simple:
- good quality (will hold up over time and daily use)
- good price (won’t break the bank or cost more than a pair of jeans!)
- functional (it is easy to hook and unhook with one hand when nursing)
- nice (looks good on and provides support), and
- comfortable to wear.
But finding all of these in one nursing bra has been a challenge over the past 8 1/2 years and 4 children I’ve nursed. I was, however, pleasantly surprised by the Eternal Coral Seamfree Nursing Bra by Hotmilk. Not only did it meet all of my expectations, it exceeded them with several added perks. First, let me run through my must-haves in a good bra.
- Quality – excellent. I’ve been using it for 1 1/2 months now and it looks the same as the day I got it. It is not stretched out or loosing it’s shape, at all. I feel confident this bra will hold up for the duration of nursing a child.
- Price – It’s price tag is $34.93. I have to be honest and say that I have bought cheaper and more expensive nursing bras on the market. I have always regretted buying the cheaper ones (usually within the first hour of wearing them out!). But this one is just as good as ones that I’ve paid nearly double. For the quality, I think the price is very fair.
- Functional – it is extremely easy to latch and unlatch the hook with one hand. The hook clicks easily in and out – something which I place high value on when nursing in public or when I have a crying baby who’s ready for milk.
- Nice – This is where hotmilk really exceeded my expectations. Underwire bras are no good for nursing mamas (they can cause plugged ducts, mastitis, etc.) but I have trouble finding bras that make my chest look good without the underwire. This bra does not have underwire yet really supports my breasts. The bra is cute, I love the color (it’s fun and makes me happy), it’s seamless and doesn’t show under any clothing – including a fitted t-shirt, and it’s rather sexy too. And, if you need to wear bra pads to help with leaking milk they easily tuck in the bra and don’t move around or show from the outside. Huge bonus in this area of how well it looks!
- Comfortable – I’m just going to be honest and say I would rather wear a tank top than a bra most of the time. Bras feel tight and restrictive and grow more uncomfortable as the day progresses. That said, tanks (vests) provide little support and do nothing to flatter my chest when I want to dress nice. But this hotmilk bra doesn’t feel restrictive. It truly is comfortable – so much so that many days I would forget I was wearing a bra. Another huge win for hotmilk nursing bras! It has 6 hook and eye extensions so that it is going to fit comfortably no matter your size. And I also really like the fact that it is lower in the front so my bra didn’t show through my V-neck tops.
If you are like me and on a continual hunt for the perfect nursing bra, you will definitely want to check out hotmilk nursing bras.
Disclaimer: hotmilk provided me with a free nursing bra of my choosing for review, though I was under no obligation to write a positive review. I do not have any vested interest in this product or company, nor do I stand to benefit in anyway if you choose to buy any hotmilk merchandise.